How do we compare to other local Salina funeral homes?
Apples to Apples Or Apples to Oranges?
In this day of price comparing, we find ourselves always shopping
for the best price. Here at Carlson-Geisendorf Funeral Home &
Crematory we pride ourselves in giving to families more than what's
"just necessary" as our local competitors have done in the past and
are still doing today.
When we are asked to compare with the others, we believe in the old
adage "Apples for Apples" and not "Apples for Oranges".
Our services are priced with the following items:
- Basic Services of the Funeral Director and Staff
- Professional Embalming (embalming is done in our local
embalming room by licensed embalmers)
- Dressing, cosmetizing and casketing of the loved one
- Use of the facilities for visitation and viewing
- Funeral service, either at the funeral home, church, or other
- Local transfer of your loved one to the funeral home from the
place of death
- Local use of the funeral coach (hearse)
- Local use of the family limousine
- Local use of the clergy / casket bearers auto
- Local delivery of the flowers following the funeral or memorial
Our funeral home has been designed to accommodate:
- families and friends of all sizes
- one level with no steps and handicap accessible
- the use of special music and video recording of the
- and using the latest technology to video record and video
stream the funeral service over the internet, so that family
members from around the world may watch
We pride ourselves in helping families arrange their memories, from
specialized funeral service folders with multiple photos and
special verses, to the "Video Memory Keepsake", as well as other
When a family has decided to have a traditional funeral, they are
in essence requesting the items listed to the top of this page.
When we have visitation for the family, we don't limit them to a
partial day, like the other local funeral homes; we schedule
visitation at the families' convenience.
A well maintained automotive fleet, from the casket coach,
limousine, and casket bearer/clergy auto, is a necessity for the
When the families request a service at another location other than
our facility, the charge is the same, and you are not penalized for
using a church or other location for the service.
Last, but not least, is the local delivery of funeral flowers after
the service for your convenience.
When you have elected to have a graveside service, it is treated
the same as a traditional service, but with the service being held
at the place of burial. Some funeral homes use this type of service
to reduce the amount of service that you, the family, so
We have also provided price comparisons in other services as well
as caskets. We were unable to compare vaults, because of the
different manufactures and types of burial vaults. Some funeral
homes will state that what they have is the same, but it is like
"Apples to Oranges" and not "Apples to Apples".
As you will notice, we believe in providing a family with the best
service at a fair price.
Thank you for allowing us to give you this comparison, and we are
more than willing to explain the differences.
The following information will explain "How We Compare" to the
other local Salina funeral homes. The amounts are from the latest
"General Price List" of each named funeral home.